How to add a Music Bot to Discord
Discord music bots are perfect for adding atmosphere to a Discord server, and contrary to popular belief, setting one up isn’t difficult at all.
Enjoy smooth, lag-free music playback, volume control and 24/7 music with just a few clicks. No more playing music through your microphone!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
How to Add a Music Bot to Discord
The first step is finding a Discord music bot you’d like to start with. There are hundreds or even thousands available, along with descriptions and reviews on sites such as Discord Bot List.
However, for today’s demonstration, we’ll be using our obvious, personal favorite, Vexera!
One of the first things you’ll need to do is access the Manage server permission, which is only available if you’re the server’s trusted user or administrator.
- Open the Discord app and log in
- Open a web browser and visit your Discord music bot website
- Browse the website until you see an “Add to Discord” button
- Select the server you’d like your Discord music bot in
- Click Continue
- Click Authorize
You may need to complete a Google captcha for the authorization process.
And there you go, Vexera is setup!
You’ll want to read up on the things you can do with your new Discord music bot, but the basic command for Vexera is +play
Simply visit a voice channel, and type “+play song name” and Vexera will start playing, it’s that easy! You can also control your music queue via the web panel as well.
Finding the Best Discord Music Bot
Not all Discord music bots are created equal and making sure you have these features are essential for smooth and clear music operation.
● Music playing on the server shouldn’t skip, cut out or cause lag. The best discord music bots are programmed to be easy to use.
● Some Discord music bots such as Vexera, come jam-packed with extra features such as: Easy to use server moderation, greetings, games and more! By having all of these extra features there becomes less need for extra bots.
Crystal Clear Quality
● The music should be of the highest quality and therefore the same as the source.
● Playback options such as skip, next and play are essential to control what’s being played and what isn’t. With Vexera you can manage everything either in-channel or via the web panel.